New Model of Eve Water Guard adds Thread Support
San Francisco – February 22, 2022 – Eve today announced the second generation of Eve Water Guard, enhancing the award winning water leak detector with support for the trailblazing Thread networking technology specifically developed for smart home applications. Using a 6.5 ft / 2 m sensing cable that can be extended to an incredible 490 ft / 150 m, Eve Water Guard detects water leaks and alerts you instantly – visually, audibly and via a notification on your iPhone.
Eve Water Guard supports Thread and Bluetooth, and joins your Thread network automatically. As a router node, Eve Water Guard relays other Thread accessories’ data packages and enhances the stability and reach of your smart home. Thread is also a pillar of the new Matter standard, and Eve already offers the largest lineup of Thread-enabled HomeKit accessories today. Eve Water Guard is Eve’s eleventh product featuring this technology.
The new Eve Water Guard is available at a price of USD $99.95 from Eve and later from Amazon and the Apple Store online.
"This is the year of Thread and Matter, and Eve is kicking 2022 off by expanding what already is the largest Thread portfolio in the market", says Jerome Gackel, CEO of Eve. "Seamlessly working without a bridge or cloud, Eve products with Thread deliver the smart home experience of the future today."
Identify water damage immediately
Leave your home even with the washing machine running. Enjoy complete peace of mind knowing that no water’s leaking from the water pipes in the cabinets. And keep a watchful eye on the basement, even though you don’t go there that often. Eve Water Guard adds a watertight layer of protection to your home.
If water leaks out, you’ll need to act swiftly to prevent worse damage. Eve Water Guard will alert you immediately with its 100 dB siren and red flashing warning light – and also notify you via iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. And if you’ve got a home hub – such as an Apple TV or HomePod – you’ll also get notifications when you’re away from home.
Eve Water Guard goes beyond spot-based detection. It monitors large areas of your room thanks to its supplied 6.5 ft / 2 m sensing cable that serves as a full-length sensor – and if that’s not enough, you can extend it up to an incredible 490 ft / 150 m. Lay it in loops or rings to monitor every nook and cranny of your room, leaving nowhere for water to leak out or pool undetected.
In case of an alarm, Eve Water Guard can engage other HomeKit accessories. Create a rule that makes Eve Energy switch off your washing machine to stop even more water flooding out.
- Avoid expensive water damage: Eve Water Guard detects water leaks and alerts you the moment they occur – acoustically and visually with a loud siren (100 dB), red flashing warning light, and notification sent to your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
- 6.5 ft / 2 m sensing cable serves as a full-length sensor for monitoring large areas of your room, extendable up to 490 ft / 150 m.
- Perfect for the bathroom, utility room, basement and beneath sinks and near water pipes.
- Joins your Thread network automatically (supports Bluetooth and Thread), and as a router node the accessory enhances the stability and reach of your smart home; HomeKit-enabled for unparalleled ease of use and advanced security; get up and running in a flash with a quick & easy setup and no need for a bridge or gateway
- 100% Privacy: No Eve cloud, no registration, no tracking. Local intelligence and direct communication without bridge or cloud dependency.
- iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS/iPadOS. Controlling this HomeKit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires a HomePod or an Apple TV (4th generation or later) as a home hub. Notifications away from home require a home hub
- 100-240 V~, 50/60 Hz, 50 mA
- Wireless Connection: Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread
- Dimensions: 65 x 65 x 45 mm (excl. plug) or 2.6 x 2.6 x 1.8 in
- In the Box: Eve Water Guard, Interchangeable plug adapters (EU, UK, US, AU), 200 cm / 6.5 ft sensor cable, Quick Start Guide
Say hello to Thread
Thread technology is specifically developed for smart home applications to improve connectivity between accessories. Now, HomeKit products can communicate not only using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, but also using HomeKit over Thread. The big difference with this technology is that Thread creates a mesh network. Within this, lights, thermostats, outlets, sensors, and more, can also talk to each other free of the constraint of having to go through a central hub, such as a bridge. That’s because a Thread network doesn’t need one. If a single accessory fails, the data packets are simply relayed to the next device in the mesh. Thread is also one of the pillars of the smart home of the future: Matter.
More information about Thread
More information about Matter
Pricing & Availability
The new Eve Water Guard is available at a price of USD $99.95 from Eve and later from Amazon and the Apple Store online. A pack of two is USD $189,90 at Eve. Eve Water Guard Sensing Cable Extensions (6.5 ft/2 m) are available at a price of USD $19.95.
To download high-resolution images visit our press library
Max Borges Agency on behalf of Eve Systems