Experience Total Wireless Freedom with Eve Extend
San Francisco, July 15, 2019 – Eve Systems today announced Eve Extend, a Bluetooth range extender for Eve accessories with Apple HomeKit technology. Eve Extend connects to Eve accessories beyond the Bluetooth range of the iPhone or HomeKit home hub and makes them available across the Wi-Fi network. Whether checking basement humidity levels or activating a garden sprinkler, Eve Extend will put every Eve accessory within reach.
Featuring support for up to eight accessories, and 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi networks, Eve Extend will be available for preorder from the Eve Store starting August, at a price of 49,95 Euro.
Set up with absolute ease
Eve Extend can be positioned in any spot within the Wi-Fi network. Once it’s connected to a power outlet, it is ready to be added to HomeKit, using the iPhone camera and the HomeKit setup code. The Eve app lists Bluetooth accessories that are in range, assigns up to eight of them to Eve Extend, and migrates all metadata to make sure that all Siri names, scenes and automations remain functional. In order to extend the range of more than eight accessories, multiple Eve Extend can operate on the same network.
Eve accessories are designed to safeguard personal data. Full local access means they work seamlessly without a cloud or any registration. All collected data is fully encrypted, stored locally and never analyzed, sold or used for advertising purposes. With Eve, private data stays private. Even when accessing the home remotely.
- Requirements: iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 12.3 or later; Wi-Fi network (2.4 / 5 GHz 802.11a/b/g/n); Automation & remote access: HomePod, Apple TV with tvOS 12.3, or iPad set up as home hub
- Power: USB (5 V, at least 500 mA)
- Compatibility: Eve Aqua, Eve Button, Eve Degree, Eve Door & Window, Eve Energy, Eve Flare, Eve Light Switch, Eve Motion, Eve Room (2018), Eve Smoke, Eve Thermo (2017), Eve Weather
- Wireless Connection: Wi-Fi (2.4 / 5 GHz 802.11a/b/g/n)
- Dimensions: 75 x 23 x 78 mm / 3 x 0.9 x 3.1 in
- In the Box: Eve Extend, Micro USB Cable, Quick Start Guide
Eve Systems builds beautiful connected home products that set superior standards of comfort, safety, and control. Products that turn everyday experiences into fulfilling moments that endure. Engineered in-house to combine seamless software with elegant hardware, Eve integrates into Apple HomeKit flawlessly, intuitively, and most importantly, securely. Because privacy is paramount, and what happens at home, must stay at home. Established in 1999, our company has an extensive history of developing premium products that enrich the Apple ecosystem, notably under the brands EyeTV and Elgato. Eve Systems is privately held with headquarters in Munich, Germany.