CES 2020: Eve introduces Eve Cam with HomeKit Secure Video and announces ship date for Eve Water Guard
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - JANUARY 7, 2020 – Eve Systems today announced the revolutionary Eve Cam, the first ever indoor camera made exclusively for Apple HomeKit Secure Video, built from the ground up to keep your data secure. With HomeKit Secure Video, activity detected by a compatible camera like Eve Cam is privately analyzed by your home hub (Apple TV or HomePod) using on device intelligence to determine if people or pets are present. When important activity is detected, you and anyone you share your HomeKit Home with will receive a rich notification that lets you view the clip right from the iPhone Lock Screen. Recorded video is available to view for ten days from the Home app. It’s securely stored for free in supported iCloud accounts and doesn’t count against your storage limit.
“Home security footage is highly personal, that’s why choosing the right indoor camera is so important”, says Jerome Gackel, CEO, Eve Systems. “Eve Cam is the first camera designed exclusively for Apple HomeKit Secure Video, enabling you to keep a close eye on your home while protecting the privacy of your personal space at any time.”
No matter how you use Eve Cam, you decide when it should be on and how it should operate. Set Eve Cam to automatically deactivate when everyone is home, for example. And control when you want to receive notifications – every time motion is detected or when people or pets are detected. Eve Cam will arrive in early April 2020, at a price of 149,95 Euro.
- The 150° camera and high-def 1080p resolution give you an unmistakably clear view
- Thanks to infrared night vision, you’ll be able to tell whether you have an intruder in the house, or your kids are raiding the refrigerator
- Using the integrated microphone and speaker, you can talk to whoever is in your home at any time
- With the 360° x 180° adjustable, magnetic camera base, you can easily install Eve Cam just about anywhere
- Specifications & requirements: iPhone or iPad with iOS/iPadOS 13.3 or later. Home hub: HomePod with iOS 13.3 or Apple TV with tvOS 13.2 or later. 200 GB iCloud storage plan to record and receive notifications when people/pets/vehicles are recognized. Power: 5 V, 1 A max. (USB). Wireless Connection: WLAN (2.4 GHz/5 GHz). Dimensions: 122 x 65 x 60 mm
Eve Water Guard
In addition to Eve Cam, Eve Systems expands its security accessory lineup with Eve Water Guard. This HomeKit-enabled water leak detector will alert you with an audible and visible alarm. You also receive instant notifications on your iPhone or Apple Watch. It comes with a 2 m, fully sensing cable that can also be easily extended. Eve Water Guard is now available for pre-order and will start shipping on February 11, 2020, at a price of 79,95 Euro.
- Alerts you acoustically with its 100-dB siren, visually by a red flashing warning light and notifies you via iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch
- 200 cm sensing cable (extendable up to 490 ft) serves as a full-length sensor for monitoring large areas of a room
- Perfect for the bathroom, utility room, basement and beneath sinks and water pipes
- Specifications & Requirements: iPhone or iPad with iOS/iPadOS 13.3 or later. Automation and remote access: HomePod, Apple TV with tvOS 13.3 or later, or iPad set up as a home hub. Power: 100-240 V~, 50/60 Hz, 50 mA. Wireless Connection: Bluetooth Low Energy. Compatibility: Type E and F sockets. Dimensions: 65 x 65 x 45 mm
Eve accessories are designed to safeguard personal data. They work seamlessly with the iPhone and Home Hub, without a cloud or any registration. All collected data is fully encrypted, stored locally or on iCloud (HomeKit Secure Video). Data will never be analyzed, sold or used for advertising purposes. With Eve, private data stays private. Even when accessing the home remotely.
Eve Systems builds beautiful connected home products that set superior standards of comfort, safety, and control. Products that turn everyday experiences into fulfilling moments that endure. Engineered in-house to combine seamless software with elegant hardware, Eve integrates into Apple HomeKit flawlessly, intuitively, and most importantly, securely. Because privacy is paramount, and what happens at home, must stay at home. Established in 1999, our company has an extensive history of developing premium products that enrich the Apple ecosystem, notably under the brands EyeTV and Elgato. Eve Systems is privately held with headquarters in Munich, Germany.
To download high-resolution images, including photography and logos, please visit our Press library
Eve Systems GmbH
Lars Felber, Director PR
Phone: +49 89 14 33 39 15